May 8, 2010

Watch Out for Lightening Strikes

Yes, we had some pretty serious storms last night, but the lightening bolt I was afraid of this afternoon was one I expected to come straight from heaven when Noelle declared she was almost as perfect as God.

Here's the conversation:
I just got the mail with an advertisement from Victoria Secret. I was throwing it away when Noelle caught a glimpse of the scantily clad women and asked what it was. I told her the women were not appropriate to look at so I was going to throw it out.
N: What's wrong with them?
Me: They have a bad look (I wanted to let her know it's not just the lack of clothes, it's the seductive look that's also the problem. A very basic lesson on modesty without too many details.)
N: Do they look like they're better then everyone else?
Me: Sort of
N: Well they're not better then God
Me: No, their not
N: I'm not better then God either; although it's surprising.
Me: (hmmmm?) What's surprising?
N: That I'm not better then God.
Me: Why?
N: Because I really like how I am. I'm almost perfect.

WHOA! Watch out for lightening!!! Obviously we have some pride issues to deal with.
I made sure to point out just how far we all fall from being perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that's really funny! Well, at least she doesn't have confidence issues, right?

Kentucky Kate said...

That was just too hilarious. I read it aloud to Eric and we both cracked up.

krissy said...

haha. aren't you glad she said it to you and not her sunday school teacher or something. :-)